The AT-ST Driver was a figure very true to the character from the film (ROTJ). It came with a blaster pistol, the same one as the B-Wing Pilot. There must have been some driver/pilot conference where they picked them all up. The Driver was released on both an ROTJ and POTF card, with the POTF card naturally being rarer. Both cards featured a picture of the AT-ST, and not the actual Driver.
Why should you own this figure? Five reasons:
1. Owning it meant hope that you would get a Scout Walker (AT-ST) if you didn’t already have one.
2. Owning a Scout Walker mandated that you get this figure.
3. Chewbacca and two little Ewoks need someone to beat on.
4. The AT-AT Drivers need someone to beat on.
5. Despite the character’s wimpiness, the figure was spot-on when it came to its detail.
AT-ST Drivers wore very light armor compared to their AT-AT counterpart. Funny, considering the AT-AT was already more armored than an AT-ST. They carried standard equipment, such as a blaster, rifle, grenades, thermal detonators, flares, comlinks, and spare ammo. The helmets and goggles were also standard, but many chose not to wear the goggles.