The toy came in ROTJ box, and featured a “blow apart” feature. It also nicely balanced on its two “legs” when at rest, despite the fact that most of the vehicle seemed to be in front. The toy was pretty accurate to the actual vehicle, except for the addition of a T-bar to hold figures in the seat. When the Bike was re-released in the 90’s, the figures (Luke, Leia, Scout) that came with one all had bendable knees and hips.
Why should you get this vehicle? Five reasons:
1. Flying through the air at breakneck speeds and narrowly missing stuff? What kid wouldn’t want that?
2. Make alternate history: that Ewok steals the Bike and gets blown up.
3. A cheap vehicle and lots of them were featured in the movie? You have to at least get a couple dude.
4. Like many Star Wars vehicles, if you got it, you held out hope that your parents would get the actual pilot for it.
5. Easy to hold, so a vehicle with immense play value. What? I’m serious sometimes.