Lando, the guy who sold Han down the Imperial river. Lando, the guy who helped get him back. Lando, the smooth operator. Lando, the guy who wore Han’s clothes at the end of the Empire Strikes Back.
Lando – except for the very end of ESB – had one change of clothes during that movie, and this is it. He came with an already-on vinyl cape, and a laser pistol. This laser pistol is to the ESB line like the Stormtrooper blaster was to the last line – a lot of figures have it, with a minor alteration. Lando came on ESB and ROTJ cards, and had one variation – white was added to his eyes and teeth later.
Why should you own this figure? Five reasons:
1. Lando’s smooth, like a Colt 45.
2. Whisk that cape right off to simulate rescuing Luke off of Cloud City. Then put it right back on to woo the ladies.
3. Aside from the one Bespin Security Guard, this is the only African-American figure. C’mon, give a brother some respect!
4. This is your last chance to enjoy Lando before he gets really pretentious and gets a Skiff Guard Disguise and a General’s Uniform (with cloth cape no less!).
5. You can finally recreate the missing scene where Lando first meets Vader:
Vader: “So, like some people are coming and I want ‘em.”
Lando: “Yo, you get all up in my face in my crib? That ain’t right”
Vader: “I don’t mean no disrespect. I gots to collect my homies.”
Lando: “Sh*t, brother, that’s all you had to say.”
Yeah, something like that.