Soooooo, we’ve got Leia in all her various outfits. We’ve got Han in several different costumes and in Carbonite. Luke’s got several different versions too. Who else could we make a different outfit for? Oh, I know, Klaatu! The most beloved character from ROTJ! How awesome and rad (this was the 80’s) is that?
In actuality, there are several different Klaatus (the name of the race) in ROTJ, so this really isn’t the same Klaatu, but some guy who worked as a skiff guard. He comes with a force pike that is actually a unique mold and not one of the pikes that comes with Skiff Guard Lando or Nikto. He was only released on an ROTJ card, which was probably enough, given his I’m-just-here-as-cannon-fodder-status. He is darn stylin’ in his beige jumpsuit though.
Why should you own this figure? Five reasons:
1. You need something to feed your Sarlacc. Feed me Seymour!
2. Populate your Skiff with people you can throw off.
3. Are those Zubaz he’s wearing? He can come to my Superbowl party!
4. Get the other Klaatu and have a Klaatu civil ceremony.
5. One more figure to get blown up in your faithful recreation of the Sand Barge explosion.
Klaatu is a Kadas’sa’Nikto (the other “Klaatu” is really named Wooof) who was paying off a large gambling debt to Jabba. He basically worked as an indentured servant, mainly helping to repair skiffs. Like many in Jabba's palace, he had plans to off the big guy himself, but was beaten to the punch by Luke and the gang. Of course, he was killed by Luke on the deck of Jabba's sail barge before it blew up.
Want more? His Wookieepedia article
92nd in alphabetical order