All your base are belong to us! Now begins our "Imperial" series in the alphabet. The Imperial Attack Base is a nice little playset. You’ve got a bunker that can “blow up” real good, an ice bridge that can topple, pegs and moving bases for figures, and what looks like a Gatling-gun type blaster/laser rifle. It only came in an ESB box. The only thing is, this “Imperial” base is modeled after the Rebel Echo base and Hoth trench. The Imperials just stormed the place, they never set up a base. Oh, well – you were a kid, who cares?
Why should you own this frigid base? Five reasons:
1. Doubles as Superman’s Fortress of Solitude. Okay, Clark’s, you Smallville fanatic.
2. Gun is a nice alternative to the Tri-Pod Laser.
3. Nothing like teaching kids trench warfare.
4. Practice your Rebel soldiers’ waving to overhead Snowspeeders. Wait, look out for that AT-AT…ah, too late.
5. Shows dirt like no other Star Wars playset. Go ahead, try playing outside with it.
While there was no Imperial Base on Hoth, this was slightly modeled after the trench that the Rebels had set up. Kind of makes you wonder why the Empire just didn’t deploy Imperial Hover Plows to take care of it.
Want more? Wookieepedia article on Echo Base.
72nd in alphabetical order