I don’t know what changed from when this figure came out to when Luke Poncho came out, but it was enough to go from “combat” to “battle.” Maybe it’s a distinction in the Rebel forces – Leia’s more greenish poncho is stored in the COMBAT bin and Luke’s more brown one is in the BATTLE bin. Obviously, they did not call each other before loading on to the stolen imperial Shuttle.
Leia comes with the same blaster as the A-Wing Pilot, B-Wing Pilot, and AT-ST Driver, but molded in grey. Her helmet, unlike Luke’s, is removable, as well as the green poncho cinched to her waist with a utility belt. Maybe Leia needed that all-important removable helmet for her scene with Wicket.
Why should you own this figure? Five reasons:
1. Your one chance to start a Leia strip-tease.
2. This Leia blends in with your favorite planters.
3. The only Star Wars figure for Earth Day!
4. Yet another excuse for another Speeder Bike.
5. Man, no one wears a poncho better.
Her poncho is more for camouflage than “combat,” but Leia's full Wookieepedia entry is here.
123rd in alphabetical order
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Posted by Ben at 1:35 AM