The Ugnaught was one of those background characters that enjoyed a little foreground action, but not much. The figure reflects this with a tote kit/bag as an accessory, and a removable apron. That’s it. It came on both ESB and ROTJ cards, and the aprons came in light purple, blue, and even green. The apron in the movie, however, was just blue.
Why should you get this figure? Five reasons:
1. He’s so cute – he’s like Babe!
2. Recreate the Wookiee-on-Ugnaught action!
3. Someone needs to man the Bespin playset, even if it is only made of paper.
4. Yo’ mama’s an Ugnaught! Yeah, that’s what I’m talkin’ ‘bout.
5. No one does carbon freezing like an Ugnaught.
Ugnaughts were either from Umgul or Bespin, but originated on Gentes. When Cloud City was originally built (a looooong time before ESB) many Ugnaughts were recruited to build and maintain it. Many of their descendants still lived on Bespin. When the Empire came many fled, some were enslaved, and some formed a resistance, sabotaging Cloud City until the Rebellion came to free the city.
Ugnaughts are typically dwarf-sized, and live to about 200 years. These are the little guys Chewbacca fought with to get C-3PO’s limbs back.
Want more? Their Wookieepedia article
166th in alphabetical order
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Posted by Ben at 3:10 AM