Remember when you actually got toys from Sears? Remember when they had the clout to make Sears exclusives? Now only Toys R Us and Target can command Star Wars exclusives (mostly) but back then Sears had a few exclusives (see Rebel Command Adventure Set, Cloud City Playset, and The Jabba the Hutt Dungeon) and the Cantina Adventure Set was one. Don’t get it confused with the Creature Cantina Action Playset, no - this one is much suckier. For one, it lacks any plastic action base – it is only a cardboard standup. It also is not technically in the Cantina, but right outside it. However, like the other Sears exclusives, this contained figures - four to be exact– Greedo, Hammerhead, Snaggletooth, and Walrusman. Snaggletooth, however, is especially infamous, because it is the rare tall blue Snaggletooth – exclusive to this set. The figure on card was corrected to be smaller and have a reddish jumpsuit. The rare Snaggletooth is the true value to this playset.
Why should you get this playset? Five reasons:
1. You can use it as an addition to the other Cantina set. Wow. More Cantina.
2. Get most of your Cantina creatures in one shot.
3. Oh man – blue jumpsuit and silver go-go boots on Snaggletooth. George Lucas must be rolling over in his grave. What? He's not dead?
4. Not only is the box recyclable, so is the playset!
5. Re-create the exciting waiting line to get into the Cantina. Velvet rope not included.
Backstory:Full story? Wookieepedia article on Chalmun's Cantina
28th in alphabetical order