I used to be excited about the vintage version of this figure, but this one has left me a bit listless. While it may be an improvement over the old figure with coloring and detail, and it includes a datapad this time around, where's the lever? I want my lever! In the old figure there was a lever in the back of the head to move her mouth up and down (yes, check the literature, EV is a "she"). See my post on the vintage figure here. I miss that lever, and no amount of datapads is going to make up for it. Argh. Who makes a droid with such a big moving mouth? Who? Who!?
Five reasons to get this figure:
1. Nostalgia for the moving mouth. Sigh.
2. Datapad! Can't tell your droids from your bounty hunters with out a datapad!
3. That third eye. Oh yes, look closely, it's there, beckoning you to look - but you must not!
4. Fans of scarabs, this is as close as you're going to get with a SW figure.
5. Closely matches the hue of the Colonial flight suits on the rebooted Battlestar Galactica. Another sigh.
After finding out that Lando had infiltrated the palace, EV-9D9 thought that he and his droids (R2 an C-3PO) were there for her, although they were there for Han. Before she could implement any recourse, she was tracked down by one of the tortured droids from Bespin, which let loose her own creations on her.
Want more? The Wookieepedia article