...with Rodian Blaster Rifle [no exclamation point on this one]
Coming in the second POTF2 wave was Greedo, the man who used to shoot first. He seems a little muscular in the chest, but Kenner did a much better job on his color scheme this time around, a better matching head, and more Rodian-like hands. He also comes with two guns - mainly to match (the gun he was in the movie with) and to more appeal to boys (another big freakin' gun!).
By the second wave Kenner probably realized the bio cards on the back were going to be hard to keep up with every figure, so we now have the basics, a larger photo, and no lengthy paragraph.
Five reasons you should buy this figure:
1. The best Star Wars figure to accent your St. Patrick's Day.
2. A little lighter fluid, a match, some proper supervision, and you can make your own version of Greedo to match his post-duel carcass.
3. Those dead glassy eyes! Couldn't you just lose yourself in them?
4. A spool of thread for a table, and you can recreate your favorite Greedo cantina scenes.
5. If you really want to collect all the bounty hunters, you need him (although he has been disavowed by all the reputable ones).
Apparently Greedo has been causing trouble since the Clone Wars, since he appeared in the series, and faced his end in Episode IV. If you want his full story (and who doesn't?), read his full Wookieepedia entry here.
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Posted by Ben at 5:06 AM