That orange jumpsuit, those beady eyes, it could only be…Luke? The X-Wing outfit was the first costume change we get to see of a character, but Luke’s face is quite generic - it could be most other X-Wing pilots. His eyes remind me of a lot of old comic strips, like Little Orphan Annie. Beady little eyes.
Luke comes with the same blaster pistol that Han came with, and his uniform which actually has quite a few good details from the original movie costume. This figure came on SW, ESB, ROTJ, and POTF cards. For the ESB card it was renamed to Luke Skywalker: (X-Wing Pilot); for ROTJ and POTF it was Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Fighter Pilot). Big distinctions here.
Why should you own this figure? Five reasons:
- If you were a stickler like me, this was the only figure that could fly your X-Wing.
- Those eyes. Like the old Shazam! comics or something. Creepy.
- No other figure besides Walrus Man gives you quite the orange as this one.
- Recreate that scene where the X-Wing cockpit flies open mid-flight and Luke spills out to his death in space. Oh, wait, that was just in my living room.
- Recreate the other scene where Luke switches off his targeting computer:
“Luke, you’ve switched off your targeting computer. What the f*** are you doing?”
“It’s okay, I’m alright.”
“What? What are you talking about? Look, I’m on a planet about to be f***ing blown up! Do you want that? Huh, do you want me vaporized?”
“I’m going in.”
“Listen you hayseed – I’ve been in the Rebellion longer than you. You show me some respect!”
“I’ve got one on my tail!”
“I don’t care if there’s a giant space slug with your leg in its mouth – you switch your f***ing computer on right now!”
“You son of a…”