Now, the fact that this figure is in “Hoth Battle Gear” is actually misleading. If you watch The Empire Strikes Back, Luke is never actually in a battle per se with this gear on. In fact, the most violent he gets is cutting off a wampa’s arm while fleeing from it. Technically, the only battle gear he uses on Hoth is his X-Wing uniform while in the snowspeeder. If you wan to get anal about it.
Luke wears a rather standard Rebel cold weather jacket. Molded onto his figure (and unmovable) are goggles and macrobinoculars. His scarf is molded on open. He comes with a standard Rebel blaster rifle, but, and this is key, he never actually uses that in the movie. What he uses – while in this outfit – is a lightsaber. Yet he doesn’t come with one. Hmm. This figure came in ESB and ROTJ logo packaging.
Why should you get this figure? Five reasons:
1. You got the wampa, now baby needs someone to swipe at.
2. You also got the tauntaun with open belly. Who else is going in that thing?
3. There is a lot of white Hoth-related stuff, and it all needs to be manned somehow.
4. Recreate the scene where Obi-Wan talks to Luke. Then does…nothing.
5. Someone has to go check out that latest meteorite strike. Dork.
I’ll refer to the Wookieepedia article for the whole backstory. However, I will say that Luke gets put into a bacta tank for his recovery after the wampa attack. The tank was actually made into a playset in the current line (but not the vintage).
107th in alphabetical order
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Posted by Ben at 1:43 AM