Finally, somewhere where the natural Stormtrooper color actually works! I hope the Empire learns something from this. Oh, wait – they still sent out stark white Stormtroopers to a forest environment (Endor). Morons.
The more common name for this guy is “Snowtrooper,” but the title of this posting reflects the official name on the card. The trooper came on both ESB and ROTJ cards, and came with a rifle (Dengar has one too). He also has a plastic skirt attached to his hips to reflect the smock worn in the film.
Why should you own this figure? Five reasons:
1. If you’re Scottish, this comes closest to a SW figure with a kilt.
2. More mysterious than the first gen Stormtroopers – now you can’t even see their mouths!
3. If you’re storming a base, you’ve got to have one.
4. No Tri-Pod Laser is complete without one.
5. Who the heck else is going to be in your Imperial Attack Base?
Snowtroopers/Hoth Battle Gear/Cold Assault Stormtroopers – all the same thing. Personally, I like the last one – it sound like they were shrunk to microscopic size to fight an infection in the Emperor. These were Stormtroopers that went training geared to place them in colder climates. Their uniform reflected this as well, with better heaters, a breathing hood, and traction boots. For more, check out the other Stormtrooper post.
Want more? The Wookieepedia article
78th in alphabetical order
Saturday, November 3, 2012
Posted by Ben at 3:10 AM