While technically I already covered the A-Wing Pilot, that was from the Droids line. This one was actually produced first, although not by much of a margin. The A-Wing pilot came in a stylish dark green jumpsuit, with non-removable (like most figure in the vintage line) helmet. He came with a blaster pistol that was common to many of the other “pilots” and “drivers” in the POTF and ROTJ releases. Pictures of an actual pilot in the movie are pretty hard to come by, since they are really only seen in the cockpit. This might explain why the card shows a picture of the ship and not the pilot. This, however, is fairly common in the
Why should you own this figure? Five reasons:
1. Cooler than the Droids release based on the cardback alone.
2. There weren’t too many POTF-only releases, so why not get them all?
3. For the love of the green.
4. Practice your hellish screaming as you ram you’re a-Wing into the control tower of a super star destroyer.
5. Holds out hope that you’ll actually get an A-Wing.
For the backstory I have linked to the previous A-Wing pilot posting here.