...with IMPERIAL ISSUE BLASTER.
Kenner decided to go right for the jugular and give us a popular "alternative" figure from the old line in fairly quick succession with the new. This Luke features everything you would expect from Stormtrooper disguise - the correct blaster and a removable helmet. This is kind of the companion piece to the Han in Stormtrooper disguise figure that was only available during these initial waves as a mail-away with Froot Loops (I never want to eat that cereal again by the way).
Luke's initial head still has not changed over from hulked-out Luke, but they didn't try to give him a huge gun this time. The bio-cards have been pared down by now to only include some data but not a story.
Five reason to get this figure:
1. Same torso and arms as a Stormtrooper figure, but the legs are molded in a different position. A DIFFERENT POSITION!
2. Re-enact "Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" with new Luke's physique: "Hell no! I'm pumping like mad!"
3. A loose Stormtrooper helmet! I can finally assemble that Ewok drumkit!
4. Best figure for use in the Death Star Escape and Detention Block Rescue playsets )yes, they really made these).
5. Finally, the helmet doubles as a stool for Luke - wait! No! Curse you non-bendable knees!
Done to death by now, but here is is entry in Wookieepedia.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Posted by Ben at 7:30 PM