...with "Laser" Pistol and Assault Rifle!
While adding the assault rifle empowers women and keeps up with Kenner adding guns to their new figures, it really isn't accurate. Kenner also didn't stay with this head mold for Leia after this figure, like they did with Luke and Han through several iterations. It might be because this was often referred to as the "monkey-faced" Leia.
Leia was one of the original 1995 figures to be released, being a main character, and has a full bio card. While the clothing seem accurate, he almost seem to have an extra cape - although this might be due to her having a shawl-like covering in the movie. This figure does not have a hood (a later one will).
Five reasons to get this figure:
1. Official Star Wars figure of the Planet of the Apes crossover.
2. With two guns Leia can come out a'blazin, Buffy-style!
3. With all that white, the new figure on top of wedding cakes everywhere.
4. Who else will get rescued from the Death Star playsets?
5. $1 from every purchase goes towards the Relocate-the-Surviving-Alderaans Fund.
Well, we see her born and adopted at the end of Revenge of the Sith, but you can see her full story at Wookieepedia here.
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Posted by Ben at 3:59 AM