Not much I can say here that most people don’t already know. This is the original Luke in his Tatooine clothes - how he looked throughout most of the first movie. This figure came on cards for all three movies, including another ROTJ card with a different background picture (he’s seated at the control of a Millennium Falcon quad-gun). His only accessory is a built-in lightsaber, which Kenner inexplicably made yellow, instead of the blue hue it was in the film. Maybe to differentiate it from the Obi-Wan’s lightsaber which was also blue. His hair was sometimes yellow, sometimes a light brown.
Why should you own this figure? Five reasons:
1. C’mon! He’s the main character of the original trilogy!
2. Simulate the whining! “But I wanted to go to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!”
3. For my money there is no finer pilot…of the Landspeeder.
4. Have him fight Darth Vader! I know I did – even though they barely even saw each other in the original film.
5. Have your Han figure bitch-slap him for complaining all the time. “This ain’t like dusting crops boy! Now STFU!”
Born in Revenge of the Sith, raised by his Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru on blue milk, joined the Rebel Alliance, overthrew the Empire, killed his dad, and became a Jedi Knight. In the novels, after the movies, he eventually marries a fellow Jedi named Mara Jade (who used to work for the Emperor) and they had a son named Ben. He had many adventures which are too numerous to go into here.
Want more? His full Wookieepedia article
104th in alphabetical order
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Posted by Ben at 1:14 AM