The MLC-3 is supposed to stand for “Mobile Laser Cannon” and was one of Kenner’s many mini-rigs. It maneuvers on treads (wheels) and has two laser cannons that move in tandem, up and down. The cockpit has a transparent bubble to see through. Basically, it looks like a small, white tank.
Why should you own this vehicle? Five reasons:
1. C’mon – how many tanks can you get from the Star Wars universe?
2. Small, cheap, fits a figure.
3. Two large-ish guns! Yeah!
4. With that bubble, looks a lot like some retro-future design that would look great as a decoration.
5. Could double as a G.I. Joe tank for Snow Job.
Never seen in the films (because Kenner made it up) but it can probably be considered part of the Star Wars universe. It did appear in an issue of the Marvel Star Wars comic. However, vehicles like this would usually have repulsorlifts instead of treads, and “laser cannons” are being generous. Guns this small in the SW universe are usually blasters, and lasers are usually on larger things. It could also be taken as just a lower tech vehicle that the Rebels had to work with.
Its Wookieepedia entry
113th in alphabetical entry
Thursday, June 27, 2013
Posted by Ben at 2:54 AM