...with IMPERIAL BLASTER AND ASSAULT RIFLE.
Sheesh, all of these military types not only get the Imperial blaster, but a mother-puss-bucket assault rifle. Not A rifle, but an assault rifle.
So anyway, second line of the POTF2 figures comes out, and Kenner chooses to make a figure that looks best in a gunner chair on the Death Star, but doesn't make the gunner chair. Oh, well, still looks kind of cool.
Five reasons to get this figure:
1. Another Imperial dressed in black - collect them all!
2. Another Imperial for the Death Star II Emperor line-up - collect them all!
3. Another Imperial with a blaster and an assault rifle - collect, ah forget about it.
4. Cool helmet - especially for the Tour de France.
5. Re-enact his big scene: "Oh I hope they come to my hemisphere of the Death Star! Damnit - why are they going for the trench?"
As cool as the figure looks, in reality, Imperial Gunners are often the lesser-scoring recruits in the Imperial forces. The visor helmet provides little peripheral vision and makes them run into things. Their main function is to guard against the blinding light of the Death Star main gun. Although why you would design something like that where the guys sit that close to the laser is beyond me. It's a cruel joke, man.
Want more? Wookieepedia article on Gunners
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Posted by Ben at 2:21 PM