...with BATTLE STAFF.
With. Battle. Staff. What are we, Master of the Universe now? When every Star Wars figure seems to have a clearly defined weapon, and one you can look up, Kenner gives Yak Face a "battle staff." No, Wookieepedia has no entry for a battle staff (unless you count a specific one for the Wookiee Merumeru). No, apparently we get a generic battle staff granted by the powers of Castle Grayskull. Whatever.
Saelt-Marae is much more detailed than his vintage figure, that only a handful of Americans ever got to see. Yak Face was the last of the original Power of the Force line, and was only released in Europe, so it was long-sought after by many here in the states.
Five reasons to own this figure:
1. If you had some mistaken notion that getting this was like getting that rare vintage Yak Face. It's not.
2. Get the only "battle staff" in the Star Wars universe. Is it magic? Is it made-up? Who knows?
3. Give him some respect - for years no name, only known as Yak Face. How degrading.
4. His facial hair remind you of your douchebag friend in high school.
5. Official Jabba's palace drunkard.
Yak Face's was named Saelt-Marae sometime after ROTJ, a Yarkora and long-lived at that. He spent 200 years alone just wooing his mate. He was a con man and often an informant for both sides of the Galactic Civil War. He was an informant for Jabba and managed to escape the Sand Barge (and steal a few secrets) before it blew up.
Want more? His Wookieepedia article
Monday, June 20, 2011
Posted by Ben at 5:07 AM