...With Jedi Trainer Backpack and Gimer Stick!
How can we make Yoda more exciting. Hmmm...more accessories! Like, hmmm, a stick!
Yes, before the prequels, one of Yoda's most exciting accessories was...wait for it...a stick! Not only that, it is a Gimer stick! We also get the backpabk Luke carried him in. In the vintage line this was only available through a mail-away accessory pack. Yoda is a decent figure, but it is hard to say whether this was much of an improvement on the vintage figure.
Five reasons to get this figure:
1. Backpack, backpack. Backpack, backpack, yay!
2. "I don't care if your Darth Vader comes with a lightsaber, Timmy. My figure has a Gimer stick! Suck it!"
3. Accessorize with your own Dagobah hut baked in a kiln and foam sinkholes for a swamp.
4. Won't your Luke look stunning in this turquoise bag!
5. Easiest figure to smuggle through Customs.
About 100 years later Yoda started training his first student, and was a teacher and master since that time. Yoda became a member of the ruling Jedi Council, and in Episode I through III saw the rise of Anakin to Vader, and barely avoided detection, escaping to Dagobah during the Jedi purge. He was found later by Anakin's son Luke, who he trained before passing away, and becoming one with the Force.
Want more? His Wookieepedia entry