Saturday, May 21, 2011

Luke Skywalker [1995, POTF2]




...with Grappling Hook Blaster and Lightsaber!

Okaaaaay. I remember Luke using a grappling hook on the Death Star - I believe from a Stormtrooper utility belt, but I don't remember a grappling hook blaster. I also don't remember Luke as quite so...buff.

The Luke figure eptiomizes the direction Kenner took when restarting the Star Wars line - more muscles, more guns. Later Lukes were trimmed down to be more realistic, but this one just came from a stint in San Quentin.

Five reasons to get this figure:

1. This guy really can pull the ears off a gundark.

2. No more Mister Nice Luke. He will make you bar let droids in.

3. Imagine the new scene - "But I wanted to go to Tosche Station to work on my glutes!"

4. That blue milk? Total protein shake.

5. Watch Luke's roid rage as the Jawas sell him a droid with a bad motivator.

Backstory:

While new Luke doesn't have a new story other than Kenner bulking up the figure, Luke has quite an extensive story here.

1 comment:

Manetoys said...

LOL I had that Luke and thought the same thing about his sudden buffness. I think they based it on the original poster which Mark Hamil himself thought was hilarious